Here are few of the recent important happenings in Indian politics –
- Anti-Modi camp, realizing that it’s not possible to finish off Modi politically, has been trying its best to use legal path to curtail him. They were relying on SC verdict to trap Modi to meet their sinister design. One word by SC on Modi would have triggered a massive campaign by media and anti-Modi organizations to topple Modi. People like Sanjeev Bhatt with the help of media were used to influence SC. However, SC under the leadership of Justice Kapadia upheld the law of the land and prevented itself to be used as a political tool. The SC verdict had been a major set back by anti-Modi camp though the detractors in unison tried to project it as a victory, which it is not.
2. Narendra Modi took everyone by surprise with the speed with which he announced his “Sadbhavana Mission”. He undertook a 3 day fast to promote unity and communal harmony in the state. We saw the same propaganda of past 9 years played out in media to dismiss his initiative as a political gimmick. The innumerable anti-Modi articles, the sound-bytes given to the likes of Teesta, Mallika Sarabhai etc and the continuous debate to paint Modi black in media will go down in history as a journalistic shame that world’s largest democracy has unfortunately witnessed.
3. Modi received immense support from within BJP , NDA and non-NDA partners ; the most prominent being J Jayalalitha and Raj Thackerey who are powerful non-NDA personalities. Message is clear Jayalalitha and Raj Thackerey will support BJP only if Modi is its leader. The only thorn was Nitish Kumar and media played it to the fullest.
4. During his fast Modi did not indulge in any secularist gimmick rather he stood to his conviction and presented a new model to the nation with the slogan of “ Sabka sath Sabka Vikas”. He spoke with vigor about the development activities in Gujarat and how it helps every community. There is a huge presence of Muslim supporters too that media conveniently ignored.
5. Modi did not indulge in any gimmick to make the media or a particular community happy. When asked to wear a skull cap by a Maulana he politely refused and asked for a shawl instead. Media played it as a communal trait of Modi . Though the real communal activity is when most of our leaders indulge in the hypocrisy of wearing a skull cap and offering namaz for few votes . Have you seen any of the muslim leaders going to a temple and doing idol worship? Their political career will end then and there.
6. Media is just interested to know if he is aspiring for PM and will this fast is enough to change his image. Modi showed media the mirror by saying the easiest way to change his image can be done by keeping the media happy through various means icluding unethical ones . He does not need to work so hard to change his image.
7. Modi has been truthful about the intentions of this Sadbhavana mission. He said he is attempting to project his concept of secularism to the nation and want the country to debate on this against the current form of secularism that has only divided and weaken the society. Modi-baiters and media obviously are not interested as it challenges the status-quo.
8. What is clear now is Modi is going to aggressively spread his message among masses and he has considerable support to his all-inclusive development model from Sangh, BJP and non-BJP partners. His biggest obstacle is media and anti-Modi camp which are not political players but still play destructive politics on behalf of their political masters.
9. The political scene in India is heating up and I pray this leads to a new paradigm shift in our nation
10. Here are all the interviews Modi gave during Sadbhavana mission. I request readers to understand the larger message that he conveys.